We love it here,
you will too!
The list is endless but here are a few suggestions
- Explore the passes (cols)over the mountains, routes that pilgrims have taken for centuries on the route to Santiago de Compostela.
- Iraty you can stroll through the forests which in winter are covered with snow.
- Pamplona and the northern Spanish towns.
- Caverns at La Verna, Sare, Isturitz and Otxozelaya.
- Walks at pic d’Iparla, gorges de Kakoueta.
- Rafting at Sauveterre or St Jean Pied de Port.
- Mountain biking following well marked but little used routes
- Canyoning with a local guide.
- Take the little train at La Rhune to the top of the mountain
- Visit local towns St Jean Pied de Port, St Palais, Salies de Bearn, Mauleon, Tardets.
- 1 hours drive away you will find the beautiful beaches, and towns, of Biarritz, St Jean de Luz and Hendaye or explore the old town of Bayonne; a little further and you can be on the Spanish beaches of San Sebastian or Hondarribia.
- A walker’s paradise, well-marked routes, stunning scenery, wildlife, butterflie, flowers, etc., here in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Wonderful places to pass an hour or two with a picnic and maybe a book.
- 1 hours drive away you will find the beautiful beaches and towns of Biarritz, St Jean de Luz and Hendaye or explore the old town of Bayonne. In the opposite direction Salies de Bearn, Pau etc. A little further and you can be on the Spanish beaches of San Sebastian or Hondarribia.
- Sample the local cheese on the Route de Fromage, local speciality cheese ‘Brebis’, made with ewe’s milk in mountain cayolars.
- Gateau Basque, piment d’espelette, Irouleguy wines, cider and many more specialities of the region.
- Experience local markets to buy your fresh food and wine.
- Renowned restaurants to sample our local gastronomy.